Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sock Monkey, Wow Flowers and More!

Hi All, I hope you are all enjoying the 4th of July Weekend. As you can see, I got to play with some new stuff. So, in my book, that is a good weekend! The card above is made with the new set Sock Monkey. Isn't he just the cutest thing ever?

For this card, I stamped the monkey in Basic Brown ink on Very Vanilla cs. I also stamped him on a piece of the paper in the new Bella Rosa DSP pack. I cut out parts of his body from the DSP and paper pieced him together. Then I used a blender pen to color in his hands, feet and tail and face with Pink Pirouette and his mouth with Red Riding Hood Red (both new In-Colors). I also stamped the heart in Basic Brown on the Vanilla and on the DSP. Again, I paper pieced the heart. For the card base, I used a piece of Baja Breeze cs. Next, I punched a piece of Pink Pirouette with the new scallop edge punch and attached that to the card. On the right is another piece of DSP from the Bella Rosa pack. Finally, i popped up the monkey with Dimensionals. Last but not least, I stamped the "Just for you" in basic brown and punched it out with the small oval. This card also goes with the sketch challenge over at SCS.


Next, this card was made with the new Wow Flowers set! The card base is Pacific Point. The layer is Very Vanilla which is stamped with the flower in Pcific Point, Kiwi Kiss and Tangerine Tango. Then, I placed a strip of Pacific Point across the center. I stamped the Thank you in Pacific Point and punched it out with the 1 1/4" circle punch. Layered that on a Tangerine Tango 1 3/8" circle. I also added a rhinestone from one of the Fire circle brads. I just popped the rhinestone part out of the brad. That circle is popped up with Dimensionals.

I have to be honest and tell you that when I first saw the new In-Colors, I thought that they seemed to close to other colors that we have. However, seeing them in person and using them, I have changed my mind. I really like them. They are still close to some colors we have already, but some are softer while others more bold. I think I am really going to enjoy playing with them this year!


No comments: