Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Color Challenge - 7-14-08


Hello Everyone,


Here is this week's color challenge. The colors this week were Real Red, Old Olive and Very Vanilla. The theme could be Christmas in July, but I was not in a Christmasy mood yesterday. SO I went for something else. I used the Retiring set Polka Dots and Paisley. My card base is Very Vanilla. On the Real Red layer, I used the Vanilla Double technique. Basically, to do this technique, you stamp a solid image, tone on tone all over your cs. Then you stamp the outline image in Vanilla craft ink. Both images are randomly stamped all over the CS. Be sure to let it dry. Here I do not recommend heat setting. Sometimes with the Vanilla ink, the heat setting can fade the color.
For the focal point of the card, I simply stamped the sentiment in Real Red and the flower in Old Olive. Then, I added a line of Sticky Strip down the left hand side of the CS and covered it with micro beads. They are hard to photograph, but look really sparkly in the pic. In person, they give the card a nice texture.
When I first finished this card, I thought it was a little too simple, but after staring at it for awhile on my desk it really started to grow on me and I felt like it didn't need anything else.
Give this challenge a try and let me see what you come up with. Christmas in July?? or something else??
Kelly

No comments: