Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Special Card! and a Special Sale!






This card is one that I submitted to Stampin' Up! to apply to be a convention display stamper. Although I wasn't chosen, I was glad that I made some projects and actually submitted them.


This was one of my favorite cards. I told you I love this set! I will be so sad when it is gone in another month. This card was made with Basic Grey for the card base. It measures 6x6. THe Basic Black layer is 5 3/4" square. Finally the Purely Pomegranate layer is 5 1/2" x 5 or 4 3/4" (I forget the exact measurement). I stamped the Flower Garden stamp in Basic Grey on the Pomegranate CS and then on a piece of Whisper White. The white is about 2x3". I watercolored the flower on the white cs with my Aqua Painter and the classic ink pads of Wild Wasabi and Purely Pomegranate and So Saffron. I then embossed it with Versamark and Glassy Glaze Ultra Thick EP. While the EP was still warm, I sprinkled in a little Dazzling Diamonds Glitter. To embellish this, I added some Rub-ons and some Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched ribbon tied through a piece of Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware.



Also, since the current Aged Copper, Antique Brass and Pewter Hodgepodge Hardware is going to be retiring at the end of this catalog, Stampin' Up! is putting it on sale for 25% off. This special is going on until August 10th. E-mail me today to get yours before it is gone forever!


Kelly

No comments: