Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Color Challenge and Sketch Challenge

Ok, so here is my card for this week's color challenge. The colors are Rose Red (I think I said Ruby Red in an earlier post), Night of Navy and Brocade Blue.

Now, I often use Beate's sketch challenge, but she is taking the summer off. SO, I needed a new sketch challenge to use too!!! So I decided to play with MJ at Technostamper and her Monday lunchtime sketch. Check it out here!

For this card, I used Brocade Blue as my card base. The strip of Night of Navy is wheeled with the Classic Stars Jumbo Wheel in Night of Navy Ink. Next, I added The Rose Red 2.5" square and the Brocade Blue 2" square. Those are popped up on Dimensionals. I stamped "a day to remeber" stamp from Sweet Celebrations in Rose red and the star in the middle in Night of Navy. Finally punched that out with the scallop punch. I punched another scallop punch from Night of Navy and layered those together. Popped them up with Dimensionals and last but not least the three buttons on the bottom of the card were added with mini glue dots.

To see some more samples with this color combo, check out the blogs of Stasia, Colleen, and Tracy. I will post links to more samples as others post them.

Kelly

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty. I love your blog. Thanks for playing along.