Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Anniversary Moon



Well, last week, my husband and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary. I can't believe 10 years has gone so fast. I wanted to make him a special card. One of our very favorite vacations was when we went to Sandals in Jamaica! It was amazing. So that was the inspiration for this card.



Have you seen the beautiful cards that Michelle Zindorf makes?? Well, thankfully she posts tutorials for her cards to help the rest of us try to re-create some of the things she makes. That was the second part of the inspiration behind this card.

First, I used Post-its to mask the bottom half of the card. I then punched out a circle to mask the moon. I brayered on Soft Sky ink. Next, I went over it with a little Tempting Turquoise. Then, I sponged on some Brocade blue, and Night of Navy around the edges. Finally, I spoged some White craft ink to make some clouds. For the bottom, I reversed the mask and brayered Cool Carribean and Bashful Blue. I also sponged a little Brocade Blue. Next, I stamped the island (stamp by Stampscapes) in Night of Navy craft ink and embossed it with clear EP. I wanted the island to be a little bigger, so I cut a rounded shape from my mask and sponged heavily with Night of Navy. Last but not least, I added some highlights with the white gel pen and sponged a little Brocade Blue over the moon so that it was not so stark white.

I hope you enjoy it! I was really very happy with how it came out!!

Kelly

4 comments:

MJ said...

You did a great job with this! I have not had the courage to try this yet. By the way, I tagged you on my blog.

http://technostamper.blogspot.com/2008/07/tagged-awarded-and-another-sketch.html

Happy Anniversary a little late!

Maureen said...

great card Kelly! I love the zindorf style and continually try it out - so I REALLY appreciate your card....its beautiful...
maureen

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful! I love Michelle Zindorf's work - she's so inspiring! You've had better success with your brayer than I've had with mine! I'll have to keep playing with this technique, because I love the look so much!

yankeegram said...

Great Card! I still can't believe you are married 10 years already!!!