Friday, November 7, 2008

Color Challenge 11-04-08



Well, I finally got this one done. The colors for this week were Night of Navy, Handsome Hunter and Blush Blossom. This was a bit of a challenge. I very rarely use Handsome Hunter or Blush Blossom so this was very tough. But I am always up for a challenge.


I knew that I wanted to use my new set called Season of Simple Grace.

I kept it simple!! My card base is Handsome Hunter. I stamped the Holy Family and the star with Night of Navy ink on the Blush Blossom CS. The Wise Men and the shepherd were stamped with 2nd generation Hunter ink (I stamped off on scrap paper first.) I also masked the Holy Family, just in case I moved the other stamps over too far. I then highlighted a few areas with my white gel pen and sponged the edges with Night of Navy ink. This piece is layered on Night of Navy CS. Finally, I added the "Merry Christmas" in silver ink and the silver bow.

I also wanted to make the inside look nice, so I stamped the sentiment and just the lamb with Hunter ink on a scrap of Blossom CS. The shepherd is stamped in silver ink.

If you too are looking for a challenge, give this one a try!! Don't forget to check out the blogs of the other "Color Girls". You can find the links in the side bar on the right.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

STASIA SLOMA said...

I am so impressed with your color challenge this week. You made a beautiful card with those challenging colors. Great job!

Lorraine said...

Kelly it's a beautiful scenic card. You did a wonderful job.