Monday, November 17, 2008

2 Color Challenges

HI Everyone,
Ok, so last week's colors were Bravo Burgundy and Creamy Caramel. I actually had this card done last Tuesday, but just didn't have a chance to get it posted. I hope you will forgive me!! So here it is.

I used the stamp set Scandinavian Season for this one. This set is in the current mini catalog. I stamped the tree in Silver Encore ink on Bravo Burgundy CS and embossed it with silver EP. Next, I added a half pearl from the Pretties kit with a glue dot on the tree. I stamped the Snowflake from the set on the Creamy Caramel card front in Caramel ink. Finally, I added a strip of Whisper White CS and a piece of Burgundy grosgrain ribbon with some silver brads. Quick and Easy!! Those are the ones I like for the Holidays!!!

This next one is the challenge for this week. The colors are Chocolate Chip, Bravo Burgundy and Always Artichoke. You need to look carefully to see the chocolate chip on this first card - but it is there I promise.

For this one, I pulled out my Season of Joy set. I was so happy to see that this set made it into the new catalog from last year's holiday mini. I stamped the flower 3 times in Burgundy ink on Very Vanilla CS. Then, I stamped it again on a scrap and cut it out to place over the middle image on the card. I used the scallop edge punch on some Artichoke CS for the layer. The "Merry Christmas" was stamped with Artichoke ink and punched out with the extra large oval punch. Then I used the striped Alpine ribbon (this is where I got the chocolate chip in!!).

I even went all out and decorated the inside of this card! I have been really inspired by Beate to work on the insides of my cards as well! So here it is!

Finally, I have more for this week. While the card stock and such was out on my desk, I decided to use of the new TechniqueJunkie techniques called Cuttlebug Highlights.

I used my new ornaments embossing folder and ran it through my Big Shot on Bravo Burgundy CS. I highlighted it with my Silver Encore pad and then layered it on an Always Artichoke card. The greeting was stamped in Artichoke ink on Very Vanilla. I sponged the edges of this with Burgundy ink and then tapped the edges on the silver pad for a little more definition. Finally, I tied a piece of the Chocolate chip Alpine felt ribbon around it and attached it to the card with Dimensionals.

I hope you enjoy these cards! The top two will be part of my 10 card class on Wednesday. I will share more of those cards in the next two days. If you would still like to jpoin me for that class, just let me know. If you would like to order the kit from the class, I will have a limited number of those available too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kelly, nice job. Bravo Burgundy is not something I use often. You made this look easy. Gotta give it a try.