Friday, May 15, 2009

Color Challenge 05-12-09

This week's colors were Really Rust, Baja Breeze and Chocolate Chip. These colors go really well together!

I have had this tin sitting on my desk ready to be altered for a long time now! I guess I have been looking for the right inspiration to decorate it. The tin held Mulling spices from Williams-Sonoma. I simply cleaned it out and let it dry thoroughly. I took a piece of Designer Series paper from the Urban Garden pack and stamped it with stampes from Friends 24-7 set in Chocolate Chip and Really Rust ink. Then I used sticky strip to adhere it to the outside of the tin.

For the top, I covered the outside rim with the 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon. Next, I used my Big shot to cut out the scallop circle from Baja Breeze textured cs. Next, I cut out a 3.5" diameter circle from Very Vanilla cs using the Circle Scissors plus. The Vanilla piece was stamped with the bird image in Chocolate Chip ink. I used my markers to color it. Next, I colored over the whole thing with my Versamarker and embossed it with clear EP. Then, I stamped the damask image in Baja Breeze around the outside and sponged with both Really Rust and Chocolate Chip. I adhered these layers to the top and folded up the scallops on the top.




I really enjoying covering tins like this! It goes with that whole reduce reuse recycle thing! And, they even look nice too!

1 comment:

STASIA SLOMA said...

very beautiful. great job