Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Color Challenge for St. Patty's Day!

Hi Everyone,
I hope you are enjoying your St. Patrick's Day! With a name like Kelly Mahoney, you know I am wearing my green today! I was also paper crafting in Green for this week's color challenge! This week was anything green.

This card also fits two other challenge's - The Weekend Sketch challenge by Beate and friends and the current Creative Challenge to use at least 2 different dies and the Big Shot on your project.

So here it is:

I started with a Certainly Celery Card. I used the Top Note die and made a Whisper White and a Sale-a-Bration DSP top note. I layered those together and attached them to the card. I wrapped a piece of Organza ribbon around it. Next, I stamped Thanks from the Illuminations stamp set in Certainly Celery ink. I also stamped the "t" in Handsome Hunter (I almost wrote Forest Foliage - Silly me!) and cut it out and layered it on top of the Stamped piece. I layered that piece and another piece of Handsome Hunter that was just a tiny bit larger than the white.

Next, I used the Big SHot again and with Handsome Hunter Cs and the Simple Flower embosslit, I made that flower on the bottom of the card. I added some Tombow Multi Purpose adhesive and some green glitter. This was then adhered with a Dimensional. For the clover, I used the Heart to Heart punch and punched out 3 of the fat hearts from Handsome Hunter cs. I free hand cut the stem and attached all to the card.

Enjoy!

Also, I wanted to share with you a few pics from this weekend. We took the kids to see the Circus at the Izod center. They had a blast and so did we!!




No comments: