Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Lots of Color Challenges!!

Hi Everyone!!

I have a few color challenges to share with you today! This first one is from the week of May 19th. The colors were Tangerine Tango, Old Olive, So Saffron, and More Mustard.

I started with a card base of Tangerine Tango. My main panel was Very Vanilla. I started by Brayering the whole sheet with so Saffron. Then, I brayered from the top down, not totally covering the Saffron, with More Mustard and finally with Tangerine Tango. From the bottom, I brayered a bit of Old Olive.

Next, I stamped the flowers and sentiment in Chocolate Chip ink. I finished it with a large grommet and 5/8" chocolate chip grosgrain.





This card is from the week of May 26th. The colors were Almost Amethyst, Basic Gray, So Saffron, and Garden Green.

I used one of the new sets that I earned for FREE from Sale a Bration. (One of those extra perks of being a demo!!) This is the "Friends 24-7" set. I stamped the Almost Amethyst panel with the long flowers in Almost Amethyst craft ink (it is a little hard to see in the photo!) and layered it with Garden Green. I stamped the brocade image in White craft ink and embossed it with white embossing powder on a basic gray panel. This was also layered on Garden Green. The "here for you" was stamped on So Saffron inside the frame from the "Great Friend" set, (which is in the current mini catalog and you might see it after that too...). All pieces were layered on a Basic Gray card and then I added some rhinestone brads.



Ok... up next is the challenge from June 2. These colors were Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Apricot Appeal and Gable Green.

This is one of the new sets, that will be in the new and gorgeous catalog, called Circle Circus! I stamped the various circles on White cs in the colors for the week and punched them out with a few different circle punches. I layered them all onto a Whisper White card with some Pink Flamingo DSP, (which you will also be seeing in a new Stampin' Up! publication arriving July 1st). I added the silver jumbo brad. Finally, the "Happy Birthday" comes from the Very Versatile set in the mini - which will not be available after this month... and was punched out with the word window punch!...


Last but not least, is the challenge from this week! The colors were Barely Banana, Garden Green and Bordering Blue. Since we have some new In-Colors, we could swap out the Banana for the new Crushed Curry!! So that is what I did!

I started by embossing my Whisper White cs with the Manhattan flowers embossing folder in my big shot! Then, i turned it over and brayered some crushed curry ink onto the "wrong" side to get the color on the flowers and not on the outline. (I learned this technique from Patty Bennet's blog!)
Next, I cut out around the flowers.

I stamped the grass from the "Inspired by Nature" set and the sentiment in Garden green on my Bordering Blue card. Attached the flowers and that is it!!!!


So now I am all caught up! Phew!!!!

Stay tuned in the next few days for a few more sneak peeks!!! More new in colors and stamp sets!!

No comments: