Friday, October 10, 2008

Pink is this Week's Color!



Hi Everyone,

I hope you are having a great week! I finally had some time to play today and make this week's color challenge. In honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month and women, this week was anything Pink!!

So, I went with Pink Pirouette ink and CS. I stamped the Baroque Background stamp on Shimmery White with the Pink Pirouette ink. Then, I stamped the flowers from Inspired by Nature, also in Pink Pirouette. I used a dauber, directly on the stamp to add some Pink Passion highlights to the top of the flowers and bottom of the petals before stamping it on the Shimmery White cs. Then, I added some Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the tops of the flowers.

For the scallop punched layer, you need to cut your card stock 1" larger than the top layer. So my layer with the flowers is 3" x 3.5". I cut my Pink Pirouette layer to 4 x 4.5" and then punched it with the scallop edge punch. I am still working on getting the corners to look right... but you get the idea!

On a personal note, this card is going to be mailed to my friend, Lisa. She was recently diagnosed with Breast Cancer and will be having surgery soon. The prognosis is good... so if you have a moment, say a little prayer or think a good thought for all those who are dealing with this disease. Let's all hope for a cure and good health for all!

Thanks!!

Enjoy your weekend!

Kelly

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! My prays are with your friend.

Lorraine said...

It's a beautiful card. So soft and fresh.