Thursday, February 26, 2009

Color Challenge for this week!



This week's colors were Pacific Point, Old Olive, and Tangerine Tango. I decided to use Beate's Sketch challenge for this card. So, once I had the sketch and the colors the only thing left was to choose the stamps! I chose Baroque Motifs and Dreams Du Jour.

I stamped the Old Olive card with the big swirl stamp from Baroque Motifs in Old Olive ink. Then, I cut a strip of Pacific Point and ran it through my Big Shot with the Texturz plates. I used my Pacific Point pad and lightly brushed the pad over the raised dots to make them stand out. For the middle part, I cut a strip of Tangerine Tango and punched it with the Eyelet Border Punch. On a pice of Whisper White, I stamped the Dreams image from Dreams Du Jour in Basic Black ink. I watercolored it with my ink pads and Aqua Painter. I stuck to the week's colors for the watercoloring as well. Finally, I stamped the small butterfly, also from Dreams Du Jour, on a scrap of Whisper White and watercolored and cut them out. Then, I added them to my card with glue dots, just under the bodies, so that I could pop up the wings.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

I really like the eyelet punch done in colors other than white. It's a real treat for the eyes. Lovely card!