Friday, October 3, 2008

Halloween Trio

Ok... so I have been seeing these "Frankie's" on several blogs and I had to give them a try. I also saw this post on Carrie Rhoades' blog. I knew then that I wanted to make a few different Halloween friends. So here is what I came up with...so far.

All were cut out using my Top Note Bigz die and my Big Shot. I layered them first and then cut them out. For the Mummy, I used strips of white paper and sponged the edges with So Saffron and then just the very edges with Close to Cocoa. The eyes were made with the 1 3/8", 1 1/4" and 1/4" circle punches.

Frankenstein was made with Green Galore for the base and Lovely Lilac hair. The eyelids and nose are 1 1/4" circle punches and the eyes themselves are 1" circles. the "ears?" are made with Brushed Silver CS and the word window punch.

Finally, Dracula was made on Lovely Lilac CS. I punched the eyes the same way as Frank's and the fangs are from the small star punch (mostly because I wanted them to be the same and this way I could get two identical pieces).

Give these a try.... They were fun to make. My son has instructed me to make a werewolf one too... so we will see what I can do for that.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Traci Camardella said...

OMG!!!! LOVE THEM!!!!!! I gotta order that die, oh wait i did it's not here yet. Man how I wish we lived closer to eachother!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

These turned out fantastic! I've gotta give these a try! TFS!

Unknown said...

Looking forward to seeing that werewolf!