Thursday, October 2, 2008

Color Challenge 09-29-08

This week's color challenge was a tough one for me. The colors are Rose Red, So Saffron and Orchid Opulence. For someone who loves purple, I am not a fan of Orchid Opulence! I don't use it very often at all!!!!


Anyway, here is what I came up with.


This first card really did not caom out as I envisioned it in my head... but I think it has grown on me throughout the day. I used the Pocket Silhouettes set. I stamped the various flowers in the three colors on the Whisper white CS. Then, I layered it with a piece of So Saffron. I stamped the other flower across the bottom of the card with Rose Red and then sponged around the edges of the card with Rose Red as well. I stamped the "friend to friend" in chocolate chip on Orchid Opulence and punched it out with the word window punch. I also tied some chocolate chip grosgrain ribbon around the card.

For this one, I stamped the large rose from "A Rose is a Rose" set in Rose Red ink twice. Next, I masked these by stamping them on Post-its and cutting them out. I stuck the masks over the stamped images. Then, I stamped the smaller rose in So Saffron and the small flower in Orchid Opulence. Next, I removed the mask. I stamped the sentiment in chocolate chip. Finally, I layered the main panel on Orchid Opulence and then onto a chocolate chip card.

I hope you enjoyed these cards!!!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Wow - two absolutely beautiful creations. I love them both.