Monday, January 23, 2012

Color Challenge 1-24-12

I am so excited that have been able to keep up with doing these challenges lately. I actually had to clean off my desk. One of the shelves over my desk was starting to fall. Since I had to take that down and re-organize, I used that as my starting point. Then I also had to re-organize since we are getting new furniture in my family room. I can't tell you how much better I feel stamping when my desk is clean and I have the room to create. I highly recommend it!



This week's colors are Garden Green, Pool Party and Chocolate Chip.


I had seen a card on a friend's blog that used the emboss resist technique. So that was my inspiration for this card. I used a piece of Whisper White and stamped the flowers from the Inspired by Nature stamp set in Chocolate Chip ink. I also used my marker over the image to make it darker. Next, I stamped the grass in Versamark and embossed it with Iridescent Ice Embossing Powder. Finally, I sponged on the Pool Party and Garden Green ink over the entire piece. I also sponged the edges with Chocolate Chip ink.



















Also, don't forget especially with dark based cards to add some light card stock on the inside. Take a second to make the inside look pretty too! It really makes the card feel complete.

No comments: