Thursday, January 28, 2010

Some Color Challenges!

So, last week I told you that I had completed the color challenge from the first week of the year. I just never got a chance to post it. Well, here is that card.

The colors for the week were Rich Razzleberry and Not Quite Navy. I used the Sale a Bration set called Good Neighbor. I have to say that I had a vision of this card in my head and on my first shot at making it, it didn't quite come out the way I had pictured! So I tweaked and added and took away and changed... and then some - but I finally came out with something that i was happy with!

This week the colors were Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive, and Bermuda Bay. I had seen a card made by another demonstrator named Kara Creech, and I fell in love with it. Anyway, I used her card for some inspiration and then made it mine!

I started with a black card base. And then layered on the Razzleberry and Bermuda Bay layers. On the Bermuda, I stamped the Bella Toile Background stamp in Bermuda ink. Then I stamped the Medallion in Black ink off to the side. I added the White satin ribbon. Finally, I used the Circle scissors plus to cut out my circles. On the white circle, I stamped the saying from the Sale a Bration set called Whimsical Words in black and then the flowers from Vintage Vogue.

To make this card even more special, I wanted to add a little something in the middle of the flowers. Have you seen a product called Stickles? You can get it at craft stores. Well, being a Stampin' Up! purist, I wanted to see if I could get the same look of Stickles only using Stampin' Up! stuff. So, I took out my Crystal Effects and my Chunky Glitter. I mixed a little Crystal Effects on a piece of wax paper with a little of the glitter. Then i used a paper clip to pick up some of the mixture and place it in the center of the flowers. It gives a great sparkle and even some dimension! I am really pleased with this card!!!!

I hope you like it to!

Remember, if you would like to purchase any of the products I used today, you can simply go to my website and click on Shop Now!

Enjoy!

Kelly

No comments: