Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Birthday Pop Up Card

On April 1st, Stampin' Up! released the new pop-up dies for the Sizzix Big Shot. Best part is they are not available anywhere else yet! Anyway, there is a birthday cake pop up and a ball pop up. Both dies come with great instructions and make amazing cards, scrap pages or decorations.
Here is a card that I made with the Birthday cake pop up. I made for a birthday party my daughter was attending.
The stamps and this paper happen to be retired, but the idea certainly isn't.... The cake was just colored with Stampin' Write markers. I punched the top and bottom of the panel with the Eyelet border punch. The background of the card was stamped tone on tone with the little flower stamp. Finally, I layered the Happy Birthday on a scallop circle and popped it up with a Dimensional.
Now for the inside..................

When you open the card, this beautiful cake pops up to greet you. I decorated the layers with some of the flowers from the 3 flower punch. The candles on the top are from the die. Finally, for the bottom of the card, I added another eyelet border.

I will share another of these cards with you tomorrow. It is the card I made for my friends baby shower.

See you then!

No comments: