Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Color Challenge 3-03-09 and WSC 70


This week the colors were Old Olive, Real Red, More Mustard and Very Vanilla. I combined this challenge with the Weekend Sketch Challenge (This week, hosted by Lori.) This color combo was a little tough for me.
Anyway, I stated with an Old Olive card. I added the very Vanilla panel. Next, I took two pieces of Designer Series Paper from the Hostess packs. The smaller one is Real red and the Larger is More Mustard. I ran these through my Big Shot with the Texturz plates. I chose the diamond plate. Next, I sanded the 2 pieces a little bit to make the design stand out. This will only work on Designer Series Stampin' Up! papers as these do not have color all the way through like our card stock does. I was really happy with this look.
After I adhered those two panels to the card, I added the Kiwi Kiss ribbon. I needed the embellishment on the left side. So, I took my Simple Flower Embosslit and ran that through my big shot with More Mustard card stock. I didn't think that was quite enough.... It just wasn't doing it for me. So I ran it through again with the Real Red Designer Series Paper. I cut out the separate petals and adhered them to the More Mustard flower using the Tombow Multi Purpose adhesive. Finally, I added the brad from the Styled Vanilla Hodgepodge Hardware in the center of the flower and stamped "celebrate" on the bottom of the card in Old Olive ink.
I hope you like it!

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Those textured panels are very eyecatching. Your card is wonderful.