Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Color Challenges!

Ok... so I have been making the color challenge cards, I just haven't photoed them, loaded them to my computer and then posted them... So I am doing a little catching up today!


















This Card is from the week of July 22nd. The colors were Real Red, Certainly Celery and Old Olive. The theme was Christmas in July. So that is what I went with. I used Baroque Motifs and Sincere Salutations. I stamped the big swirl in Old Olive on the Certainly Celery. Then, I stamped the little flowers in Real Red. I highlighted with my white gel pen. Finally, for the bottom, I added the 5/8" celery grosgrain and the greeting stamped on Old Olive with Real Red ink. I punched that out with the large oval punch.

These next 2 cards were from last week's challenge. The colors were Ruby Red (or Red Riding Hood Red), Brocade Blue and Summer Sun. For the first card, I used a new Technique Junkie Technique called Bandana. (For more info on the Technique Junkies go to patstamps.com) This card is pretty basic... but just a note I stamped on the White Taffeta ribbon with the Brocade blue craft ink. If you are going to stamp on this ribbon make sure you use craft ink, the classic ink will just run!!!

The second one, I used the Upsy Daisy and the Inspired by Nature stamp sets. On the Brocade Blue piece, I couldn't figure out how to get it to pop enough... so I first sponged the edge with the Red Riding Hood ink. That wasn 't quite doing it for me, so I then swiped it with the White Craft pad. Also the Summer Sun layer is distressed with the cutter kit.




Last but not least, is this week's color challenge card! The colors for this week were Barely Banana, Brocade Blue and Bordering Blue. I started with a Barely Banana card. Then added the Brocade blue layer. I also wrapped this layer with a piece of the medium size Twill Tape. For the main image, I masked the outside of the card stock so there was a rectangle in the middle. I stamped the branch image in Bordering Blue a few times. (I did stamp off on my scrap paper first.) Then I sponged some Bordering Blue ink in the rectangle as well. Next, I removed the mask and stamped the Branch in Brocade Blue. I stamped the Flower in Barely Banana on scrap paper and cut it out. I also curled the petals a little for some extra dimension. Then, I used my Tombow multi purpose adhesive to add little dots in the center of the flower and used some of the Fine Cosmo Glitter. I added that to the card with a Dimensional. I also stamped the "Thank You" from the Fresh Cuts set in Brocade Blue.


Enjoy! Why don't you try one of these color combos!! Let me know what you create!


Kelly

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Kelly, these are all gorgeous. So glad you shared them. I love how you added the highlights to the Baroque Motifs stamp. And the masking on this week's is a great idea. Great cards!