Friday, August 28, 2009

This Week's Color Challenge

I know it has been like forever since I posted... I am sorry about that! Sometimes life throws you curve balls and to catch them, other things tend to get dropped as you put your glove up. (yeah, I am a Yankee fan and have been watching a lot of baseball - hence the metaphor...)

Anyway, I am trying to get back in the swing of things and start posting regularly and get some classes planned and all of that good stuff. To get started with that, I participated in this week's color challenge. The colors were chocolate chip and any two of the new in colors. I went with Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo.

Here is what I came up with:

I started with a Choclate Chip card. I stamped the Upsy Daisy flowers across the bottom of it in Chocolate Chip ink. Next, I scallop punched a scrap of Bermuda Bay and attached it to a piece of Melon Mambo. I ran that through the Big Shot and cut it out with the Top Note Die. I stamped the Upsy Daisy image again on the Mambo cs with Mambo ink. I added the "Birthday Celebrations" with Chocolate Chip ink. I wanted the Top Note piece to "pop" a little more, so, I cut out another top note from Whisper White cs and cut off the ends. I layered those on the edges as shown. Finally, I added the 5/8" Chocolate Chip ribbon.

I also wanted the inside to be special. Since it is a dark colored card stock for the card, I like to add a piece of White cs to make it easier to write in. This time, I cut out another top note from White cs and stamped the tops of the Upsy Daisies in Melon Mambo ink and stuck that inside.!

I hope you like it!

No comments: