Thursday, September 11, 2008

Upsy Daisy and a Color Challenge!


Last night I had my Upsy Daisy Class. The ladies who attended really enjoyed the cards, so I thought I would share them with you! You have seen 2 of them previously, but ya know, it never hurts to show them again. The one on the top was inspired by a card I saw while browsing around. I will try to figure out who made it and let you know. To create the sunset look, I used my brayer and some sponges and sponge daubers. I started with Summer Sun ink, then went on to Tangerine Tango followed by Red Riding Hood Red and finally ended at the bottom with Chocolate Chip. I stamped the flowers with Basic Black. It takes some practice to get the brayer to add the color without getting too much of a straight line. That is where the sponges and such come in hady to blur that line if you need to.
The card on the bottom, I made for this week's color challenge. The colors were: Tempting Turquoise, Green Galore, Ballet Blue and Brilliant Blue (or Pacific Point). Now I know you are saying, "ok, I see the other colors but where did you get in the Ballet Blue??" Relax.... Let me explain - no, no, there is too much- let me sum up!! (for all you Princess Bride fans out there.) I stamped the flowers on the Turquoise CS in Ballet Blue first! Then, I stamped them again in Brilliant Blue. I got that shadowy look and got in all of the colors. BTW, this card was cased right from the "Never Before Seen Stamps" Promotion flyer!! I love that Stampin' Up! always gives us great samples. Better than that, they even encourage us to copy them!! What could be easier?
I hope you enjoyed these cards!! If you would like to order the kit for this class, please let me know. The kit is $25 plus $5 shipping. The kit includes all of the cs and embellishments needed to make these 4 cards. I will even stamp any images that are not included in the Upsy Daisy Set as that is part of the kit!! I will take orders until September 20th. I will then place the order for the stamp sets and have them shipped to you by 9/30.

1 comment:

Lorraine said...

Kelly, I love your Upsy Daisy cards and the color challenge card is absolutely fabulous.